Crowded sports bars for M’s games?

DMZ · September 26, 2004 at 4:04 pm · Filed Under Mariners

I’ve got an email here from a Japanese TV producer looking for an enthusiastic sports bar where people watch M’s games and cheer for Ichiro! as he pursues the hit record on the road.

I can’t think of any that they’d be able to count on. Anyone have any suggestions I might be able to pass on to this fellow? I want to be helpful but I don’ t know any good sports bars that have good crowds for M’s games.

9 Responses to “Crowded sports bars for M’s games?”

1. Jeff Sullivan on September 26th, 2004 6:45 pm

I got the same email, and I’m not anywhere close to the Pacific Northwest.

2. Cap on September 26th, 2004 8:53 pm

Maybe guide him into the landing in center field? 🙂

3. J on September 26th, 2004 9:56 pm

I think we’re all getting those e-mails. He’s also been posting in brief at the more frequented message boards, but I don’t have anything that’d help him either.

4. mike on September 26th, 2004 11:12 pm

Send ’em to the Noc Noc, on 2nd ave at Pike. They don’t have a TV, but they do have $1 PBR drafts until nine. They also have a gigantic satanic demon-thing hanging on the wall, and all kinds of sketchy clientele. They’ll quickly forget about Ichiro! and the hit record.

5. Aron on September 27th, 2004 1:53 am

What is that annoying skinny sports bar right by Safeco? It used to be packed back in the days of sellout games. I spent most of my life in Seattle avoiding sports bars but there has to be something in Pioneer Square.

6. Paul Molitor Cocktail on September 27th, 2004 8:32 am

What is that annoying skinny sports bar right by Safeco?

I think you mean Sluggers.

I don’t think there will be that many bars packed full of fans just watching Ichiro – unless you’re in Japan.

7. G-Man on September 27th, 2004 9:29 am

I was going to recommmend Sluggers. Its size on configuration would help it look packed even if it isn’t.

I wonder if there’s a Japanese bar or restaurant in the International District that’s Ichiro-centric. They’d be following his quest closely.

8. Ryan on September 27th, 2004 8:25 pm
  9. Chris on September 28th, 2004 8:11 am

Hello, everyone. Many thanks for all your suggestions! We’ll most likely head to Sluggers or the Pyramid Alehouse – depending on how things size up through the week. Any groups planning to go out and watch the game, please feel free to contact me at any time!

Field Producer