Game 11, Mariners at White Sox
Franklin v. Buehrle
11:05, FSN for TV
Sexson probably won’t start today, which means we might get additional Spiezio (“Player most frequently misspelled in USSM comments”) dosages.
Things in the Seattle press notes:
– random numbers on Mariner-White Sox past matchups
– 3 itmes (including two tables) on Hargrove reaching 1,000 wins
– six players have appeared in every game
– nine hitters are hitting over .300 with “Runners in Scoring Position” (table, Bloomquist leads with 1-1)
– “Consistency” item on Mariner hitters who’ve had having hits in x of y games
– notes on the M’s in day/night games, the sweep, the road trip
– stats on good pitching
– the eighth inning is where M’s do their damage so far
– last year, the team sucked on the road
– the first three innings is where the M’s have outscored opponents
– in the seventh inning on, the Mariners have hit well
– the Mariners hitting better with batters on (Item title: “Clutch up”)
– Ichiro has multi-hit games
– random facts from SABR’s Baseball Encyclopedia
I predict many of these same things will be mentioned in tonight’s broadcast.
Rainiers play Fresno in Tacoma (weather permitting), 6:05, radio, also on the internets for all you crazy kids with your computers.