If they don’t win it’s the saaaaaaaaaaame…
Random notes from the first game of the year:
– Pre-game intros: among the non-starteres, huge pops for Bloomquist (expected), Felix, and Joel Pineiro. I understand Bloomquist even, but Joel? What for? As much as Felix? Really?
– Overheard at the ballpark, 4/2/2006: “Johnny Damon can eat those nuts.” — Fan on the presentation of the Gold Glove to Ichiro
– Seeing Johjima crank that home run was worth the ticket.
– Jeff and I are tossing ideas around for how we’d do a USSM podcast, since there appears to be some reader interest in this.
– Centerfield bleachers are back in Section 101. Hopefully they’ll actually be temporary this year.
– Announced attendance was 45,515. The Mariners didn’t sell out. I can’t remember the last time that happened.
– Petagine’s name was wrong when he came up (chock full of ‘i’s)
– Would someone please explain to Hargrove that if the game’s tied going into the ninth at home, there cannot be a save situation for your closer, and you might as well use him when it’s tied? A year of this is going to drive me crazy.