It’s hard to add anything to that
A couple notes from the game:
– as sparse as the crowd was, they were fired up. It felt a little like the old Kingdome games, where if you turned out for a weekday non-promo night, you were pretty hardcore
– Jimenez sucks
– Ichiro, in stark contrast, rocks. Even that ball he didn’t get early in center he bolted after on contact, and ran full-out like a blur just to not make a play on. I sooo love Ichiro
– Dobbs won’t stop hitting in games I attend. He should pay me to follow him around.
– pinch-hitting for Snelling with Morse is dumb even if it works if only becuase it limits your options later
– Why run Jones for Johjima at 2nd instead of Ibanez at first, down by two runs?
– How can it be that it’s September and there’s no 3rd catcher to allow a PH for Rivera?
– How did Bloomquist get 245 ABs? That’s twice as many as your UT should have
– Huston Street’s a chump
– I was on my feet clapping and cheering as Bloomquist hit that pitch. Hell yeah.
– NO CLINCHING IN OUR HOUSE HA HA HA WHAT IS UP ATHLETICS???
Hopefully the A’s, who have dropped a bunch of games trying to clinch, will get even more psychologically screwed up over this and stumble to the finish, unable to rest their starters. There’s not a lot of honor in being a spoiler… but there’s some.