Hot slow news day rumor mongering: Ichiro gone after 2007
Japan Baseball Daily (“Voted Worst-looking Web Site of 1994”) offers this hot hot hot rumor:
Ichiro Tells Sankei Sports that he is out of Seattle after 2007!
His answers concerning the state of the Mariners were described as “dripping
with sarcasm.” Says that he is at the stage of his career where he wants to
accomplish personal goals, one of which is to win a championship. So he is angling
to go to a contender once he obtains free agency at the end of the schedule. Ichiro
in Boston or New York? Stay tuned!
I want out of Seattle after 2007, too, but no one interviews me about it.
On the Sankei Sports site, though, Google translates the MLB headlines as
* Entirely record above previous seasonâ€¦Jojima, to 2nd year real starting!flag photo
* You adhere to the door closerâ€¦Otsuka, in Sendai independent [tore]
* Ikawa in Ibaraki of the local end which â€œfinishes securelyâ€ independent [tore] reopeningflag photo
* As for [suuini] relationship is not [bonzu] apologizes in declaration
* Matuzaka, in Los Angeles to arrival independent [tore] piling up campflag photo
And there’s not a word of it anywhere else yet. So… uh… yeah. We obviously have no idea until the story either gets out (and is clarified/denounced) or is denounced. But there’s nothing else going on, and I know this is going to be thrown out in comments 90 times if I don’t write this up, so… here! Go nuts!
What does this mean? A trade? Have tension, dissention, and apprehension begun? Who knows?!? But feel free to work yourself up into a frenzy over it.