USSM slowness and geekery
I spent about two hour during today’s game when things were really bad working on making some more performance enhancements, but I’m still worried about tomorrow. I’ll keep at it – getting this right is really tough, frustrating work. Also, please buy the book k thanks bye
So here’s what happened – somehow, query_cache_size got set to 0, which was awesome. I’m not sure why – I can’t find where they hid the my.conf file, which might have caching turned off. So I cranked that up, which threw the load numbers all over the place.
I tried to do some .htaccess caching, and that didn’t help at all.
Looked at thread caching, and… wow. threads_created is frighteningly huge, so I set that to 2x connected threads.
Did some table optimization quickly when I had everyone kicked out for a minute, that didn’t seem to help.