Jan 10 event update
I’m working through the invites and trying to resolve the guest list today. This thing’s filling up pretty fast. Jeez.
Okay, so quick notes from today’s work:
– If you don’t want to pay through Paypal for whatever reason (including “want to cause Derek pain”) email us and we’ll work something out. Yes, Paypal is evil and horrible, and they’ve screwed us too, but it makes this thing 100x easier.
– If you’re bringing a guest, email us with the name you donated under and your guest’s name.
– If you paid through PayPal via check, you don’t show up on the list until the check’s cleared. This takes a while. Please do not email us about this. We can’t make checks clear faster.
– If you paid and your donation doesn’t show up instantaneously, please do not email us about this. Give it some time.
– If something went horribly wrong, email us.
Dave’s promotional post follows
We told you hold the date – now we tell you why. On Saturday, January 10th, we’re hosting the latest USSM/LL event. The guests for the afternoon are Mariners Asst. GM Tony Blengino and Mariners scouting director Tom McNamara. These are the two guys that Zduriencik brought over from Milwaukee – Blengino is the guy behind the Department of Baseball Research that is being established and the one pushing the organization into the 21st century of baseball analysis. McNamara is the top scout in the organization, and will be running the amateur draft this summer. They’re both going to be a lot of fun to talk to.
The event is at the downtown Seattle Central Library from 1:30 to 5:30 on Saturday, January 10th. We won’t be providing food, so we’ve lowered the price to $10, which just goes to defray the costs of the room rental. We’re trying to improve the whole registration/payment process for these things, so if you want to attend, click on the button below and donate $10.
Do not click the anonymous button, as we need your name to show up on the list of donaters -that will be the list we use at the door to let people in. If you’re paying for multiple people, send an email to the USSM account with the names of the people you’re bringing so that we can make sure everyone is on the list. And if you’re totally anti-paypal, send us an email too and we’ll work something out.
But, yea, January 10th, four hours of baseball talk with Derek, the LL gang, and two of the big wigs in the M’s new front office. It’s going to be a lot of fun, so I encourage you guys to go.