Second (Official!) Cactus League Game
Happy Birthday Mauricio Robles!
Other news in camp, via the Everett Herald:
* Aardsma is out for a little while after straining his groin a bit in yesterday’s game.
* Lee and Felix are pitching a simulated game on the other field. There is no cause for alarm.
* Junior Junior Griffey: just as smug as original Junior Griffey.
* Original Junior Griffey, taking note of Joe Girardi switching the number on his jersey, tries to give #1 to Wakamatsu. As all the single digits were already taken in the first place, catastrophe ensues.
* Mark Lowe, when not preoccupied with thoughts of what to do next with his sideburns, enjoys thoughtfully reading all of his fan mail.
Today, the M’s go up against the Padres again, with a lineup closer to what they’ll run out on opening day.
SS Jack Wilson
LHP Luke French
Given that the M’s beat the Padres yesterday 9-3 in a game where Jack Wilson was the only regular, and Ryan Garko was probably the best hitter, we could be in for a long one. The potential drubbing starts at 12:05 PT.