Cactus League Game 5, M’s at White Sox
Edit: Video feed. AWESOME.
Still no radio feed for this. Isn’t spring training supposed to be about the radio? And broadcasters asking “hey, who is this #89 kid?” and then not being able to pronounce it anyway?
SS Ja. Wilson
* This marks the first time we’ll be
seeing hearing reading about the double play duo of Ryan and Jack Wilson, which is something that has been talked up a bit as a possibility this spring.
* Felix threw a simulated game and is already well on his way to simulating a repeat of his Cy Young win.
* Omar Vizquel is batting ninth and playing short for the White Sox and at one point we were concerned about his medicals to the point where we would not trade for him. Those years seem funny now.
* Brandon League is working on a slider, which is probably more like a cutter for its effect. He can call it whatever he pleases so long as it helps him improve.
* Aaron Laffey is being looked at as a reliever, after bouncing back and forth between the bullpen and the rotation and struggling because of it. This sounds vaguely familiar.